pollo en queso de cabra





Tonight Michael asked me, "Emily, what was that you cooked tonight?!"

So... When I throw something together I guess I'm supposed to throw a name on it too. I've named my dish "pollo en queso de cabra" or "chicken on goat cheese."

I get so frustrated when ordering from a menu and the name of a dish is another language and I don't know what it means! But, tonight I've realized that if you say exactly what it is in another language it sounds much fancier.

Here's what I did:

Heated 6 tbs extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet. Breaded 3 chicken breast halves in wheat free flour (Pamela's baking mix) and seasoned with Adobo seasoning. Brown each side on stove. Add 3 tbs bacon fat to pan and move to oven for 20 minutes on 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl place 4 cups packed fresh spinach, with stems removed, and 1 tbs jarred garlic. Mix with your hand and add on top of the chicken 15 minutes in, cooking for only 5 minutes.

Spread 2 ounces goat cheese on each plate and put chicken (hot - right out of the oven) on top of cheese. Top with spinach and serve immediately.

Comments

  1. This dish was fabulous, and quick. Tasted like I had worked on it for hours!
    Thank you for rescuing me, when I didn't have too much kitchen time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts