Garlic Shrimp Alfredo


Photo courtesy of my aunt, Julie Thompson

Sinfully simple! This one impressed my husband and his brother.
I used fettuccini pasta for my husband but used a wheat free pasta I had on hand for myself. Next time I make this I will use wheat free fettuccine noodles and fewer peas.
Also, orginally I topped the pasta with the sauce. When I prepared it as a left over I mixed it all together which once served was prettier.
1/2 lb peeled deveined shrimp (may use 12 oz boneless shinless chicken thighs in its place)
6 tbs butter
4 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
9 oz fettuccine
1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
Cook the fettuccine according to box directions.
Melt 2 tbs butter in saute pan over medium heat and add garlic, cooking for 2 minutes. Add remaining 4 tbs butter and cream to pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until butter melts and mixture begins to thicken, five minutes, stirring frequently.
Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink on each side.
Stir cheese and peas into cream mixture, cook on low until cheese is melted and mixture thickens, 2-3 mintues.
Combine shrimp mixture and fettuccine, serves 4.
Adapted from Cuisine at Home

Comments

Popular Posts