Red Curry Soup




You will be shocked to learn that this recipe has only seven ingredients! It was so good that I ate the entire batch minus two small servings, which I kindly shared with my boss and husband.


I'm a fan of hearty soups (with meat and noodles, like this one.) This recipe is perfect because it calls for the rice noodles (which I love.)

Enjoy!




12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 tbsp EVOO

4 cups water

1 can coconut milk

2 tsp curry powder

1 tsp adobo seasoning

4-5 tsp purchased red curry paste (Thai Kitchen brand)

1 Tbsp fish sause

1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced

2 oz rice stick noodles, broken



Heat oil in a saucepa over medium-high. Season chicken with adobo and curry powder. Add chicken to the pan and saute until browned. Remove chicken from pan once cooked and dice into bite size chunks.



Add water and coconut milk to the same pan you cooked the chicken in; bring to a boil. Stir in curry paste and fish sauce; simmer 2-3 minutes.



Add bell pepper and noodles; bring to a boil. Simmer soup until noodles are softened, 3-4 minutes.




Comments

  1. Heavens, if served piping hot, Good to know that with very minimal ingredients we can make such a tastier Soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to make this! I love cooking with coconut milk, so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would dearly love to have a bowl of this. With maybe some cilantro on top. And an avocado. I really like very southern Indian food, say, from down around Tijuana, India.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts