Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Try This! It is one of our favorites, and I make it all the time for Michael and me.
Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 lb Cheese of your choice (a mix of feta & goat is best, but fontina & blue is good too.)
¼ cup flour (I use cornmeal or pamelas pancake mix)
2 T butter
¼ cup shallots, minced
¾ cup dry white wine
½ cup chicken broth

Preheat Oven to 375. Cut a pocket into the wide end of the chicken breast. Stuff each piece of chicken with cheese, secure pocket with toothpick, season with salt & pepper (I use the adobe seasoning instead) then dredge in flour.

Saute in butter in large oven-proof sauté pan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes. Flip chicken and transfer pan to the oven. Roast for 8 minutes, or until 160 degrees. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.

Add shallots to same pan and sauté for 2 minutes over med-hg heat. Deglaze with wine, scraping up browned bits from the pan. Add broth and any other desired seasoning (1T minced thyme is good) simmer until
reduced by half, about 5 min. Reduce heat to low, add butter, and swirl until melted. Return chicken to pan to heat through. Remove toothpicks from chicken to serve with sauce.

This takes a total 45 minutes to make.

Last time I made this I prepared extra chicken breasts. I stuffed them and breaded them but put them in the fridge for another use. The next day I browned them on a skillet and covered with marinara sauce, then transferred to the oven for 15 minutes. It was absolutely divine!



Comments

Popular Posts