Cream Fresh


It's really "Creme Fraiche." I don't know why certain words aren't translated. Anyway...

I've seen this on menu's at restaurants and never knew what it was. I know this though, if there's cream in the word, I like it: Sour Cream, check! Whip Cream, check! Ice Cream, check! Cream Cheese, check!

This was featured in Cuisine at Home, showing it used in multiple ways: As a sauce or salad dressing add in, or as a topper for veggies, roast beef or even fruit. I love me some sauces, so I whipped this up in an instant! It is wonderfully creamy, like fresh whipped mayonnaise.

2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup buttermilk or sour cream

Combine cream and buttermilk in a sterile jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake to combine and let stand at room temperature until thickened, 24-48 hours. Shake gently, then chill until ready to use (it will continue to thicken as it chills.) Keep in refrigerator for up to two weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts