Edamame Hummus


In college my friend Mary Jane and I did the impossible and stayed in on a Friday night to prepare every kind of hummus we could think of. You name an ingredient, we made hummus with it in it - except for edamame.

I have been planning to make this hummus for years! Yesterday I finally did, and it was WELL worth the wait. Edamame is soybean which is loaded with protein and is a delicious and healthy food. Serve this with wheat / egg free crackers for a snack or light lunch. I'm not going to wait years to make this again.

1 1/2 cups edamame, cooked according to package directions
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
2 garlic cloves, peeled
3 tbs tahini (sesame seed paste)
3 tbs water
Juice from one lemon
1/2 tsp paprika

Place olive oil, salt, cumin, coriander and garlic in food processor and pulse 2-3 times. Add edamame, tahini, water and juice and process until smooth. Spoon hummus into a serving bowl and drizzle with additional olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and serve.

Adapted from Cooking Light

This is a delicious West Asian recipe. Next time I'm going to give it a Greek twist and will stuff grape leaves with it!

Comments

  1. I love edamame or as our sushi chef calls it, 'End of mommy". It's like Japanese boiled peanuts. I bet this is some good dip. Anything that's a vehicle for garlic is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts