Talapia - Fresh and Simple












We are big fish eaters. It's funny, because I think we eat more fish because we are on the coast, but a lot of the fish we eat comes from all over.

My Mac & Cheese (which I intended as a side dish and was worried would steal the meal's thunder)was rich and I wanted something light to serve it with. I frequently cook catfish and salmon exactly the same way I did the talapia. It's trusty because it's always perfect. (Oh, and the Mac & Cheese didn't steal it's thunder!)

Preheat the oven on broil
Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil
Place each filet on sheet, S&P (salt and pepper) and top with one tsp EVOO

Cook for 5 minutes. Flip each filet, S&P and place back in oven for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.


I used my kitchen sheers to cut green onion right on top before serving. If I had a lemon I would have squeezed some juice and placed a thin slice of it on top of each filet.

When I make fish tacos, salmon dip, or any other recipe calling for fish this is how I cook it. If you are going to allow the fish to cool before serving cook for 3-4 minutes per side, as it will continue to cook as it cools.

Comments

Popular Posts