Steak Burritos

My family had some left over steak from the weekend so last night I made steak burritos. I used large flour tortillas for the family and corn tortillas for myself. This is one of those that I just threw together, but it was divine. I mean, how can you mess up steak?






80z Regular Sour Cream
40z Mexican style shredded cheese
4oz Blue Cheese
2 jalapenos, diced
1 cilantro bunch, chopped finely
4 tomatoes, diced
iceburg lettuce cut into tiny strips
cooked seasoned steak (may use chicken) cut into bite size pieces
tortillas

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Mix the first three ingredients. In a separate bowl combine the next three ingredients. Spray the front side of a tortilla lightly with cooking spray (I use EVOO,) then place front side down on a layer of aluminum foil. Spread one tbs cheese mixture, one tbs salsa and drizzle lightly with lettuce strips. Place steak pieces in a row so each bite will contain meat. Roll the tortilla in the aluminum and set aside.

Once you have assembled each burrito place in oven for 30 minutes or until warm throughout.

*It would be wonderful served with other Mexican sides, such as refried beans, Mexican rice and chips and dip.

Comments

Popular Posts