Oat Cupcakes



When I was in college and came home to visit, my friends and I would head to a local coffee shop immediately to indulge in a healthy treat we craved. This is my replication of it. The best thing about it is that it is 100% natural with no eggs, wheat or even sugar!
I threw these together today in a moment with the following ingredients:

3 cups whole raw oats
2 raw apples
3 raw pears
1 apricot
1/4 cup honey

Process the apples and pears until it looks like apple sauce, dice the apricots and fold ALL ingredients in large bowl. Butter 6 large muffin pans or 12 small muffin pans and fill with mixture to the rim if you like, because they won't rise but a tiny bit. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked throughout.

They are soooo yummy! You can add different fruits, such as craisins, peaches, berries, you name it. Allow to cool in pan for several minutes and serve hot plain or with peanut butter, jelly, butter, cream cheese, etc.

ENJOY!

Comments

  1. These are incredible. Freezes well, and I love these toasted and with peanut butter and a little honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I just froze half of my batch. My favorite way to eat them is sliced in half, toasted, with a generous spread of cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts