Leg Lamb Roast


I cooked up something special for Valentines Day. With a 5lb roast, I was certain we would have left overs for the week. I would have never guessed that we would eat the entire thing the night it was cooked! Oh my gosh, it was delish!

I got the roast from Fresh Market and it was over $25. This is only something we do on special occasions, but I always reason that we would spend more if we ate out.

This is how I made it:
Heat skillet on stove to medium high
Season meat (I use MCormick's Grill Mates Garlic & Onion Medley)
Brown meat on each side in 2tbs extra virgin olive oil

Place one cup chicken broth, one cup white wine and drippings from skillet in roasting pan
Place meat on rack in roasting pan
Place in 350 degree preheated oven

I placed a thermometer in meat and removed it from the oven once it reached 135 degrees (about one hour.) Once it is removed from the oven I cover with aluminum foil and the temperature continues to climb. We like our meat rare. Last night the lamb reached 140 degrees before I served it. If you prefer medium you can allow it to reach 145.

I slice the lamb, and serve it with the gravy from the bottom of the pan and mint jelly.


Comments

Popular Posts