Mac & Cheese



I had a cheesy day. For years I have kept Amy's Rice Mac & Cheese in my freezer in case of emergency. It is everything one would ever want in Mac & Cheese.

Today was my first time to make it myself. I'll be honest with you: I made it rich, it was good, I ate quite a bit, and now I feel pretty sick.

However, right after I typed the last sentence I got up to serve some to my husband and caught myself eating it again. What is the deal!?

This is how I did it:
1 8oz pkg wheat free pasta (I used Quinoa shells)
2 tbs butter
8oz sharp yellow cheddar cheese grated
1/2 pint whipping cream

Cook pasta according to directions, drain and place in large bowl. While pasta's still hot add butter, 3/4 cheese and cream to bowl and fold. Place mixture in casserole dish, drizzle remaining cheese on top and cook in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.

Comments

  1. FYI - this was even better this morning. I had the breakfast of champions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. My work's cafe served non-gf mac and cheese today and I was so sad to pass it up. My roommate is looking to make some mac and cheese for us, I just bought some gf shells so I will definitely share this recipe with her! I will let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts