Tomato Stack


I put this together last weekend for a snack and my dad was appalled when he saw me whip out my iPhone to take pictures of it. One day I will begin to use my husband's fancy camera and one day my beautiful sister-in-law will provide us with professional photo's for this blog. Until then, amateur Emily will be using my iPhone.

In excitement due to the warm front I put together some summer food:

2 red tomatoes sliced in 1/4 '' pieces
2 green tomatoes sliced in 1/4 '' pieces
green onions cut in 1/4 '' pieces
fresh mozzarella cheese sliced in 1/4 '' pieces
fresh basil
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp paprika

Layer red tomato, basil, cheese, onions, green tomato twice for each stack.
Top with oil, vinegar, and paprika if desired. Serve at room temperature.

Comments

Popular Posts