Grown Up Apple Cider

We watched the Super Bowl while enjoying it with lots of wonderful food and drinks. I made an apple cider by using Publix's Green Wise Apple Cider (I used 2 64 oz jugs). I wrapped spices (cinnamon and cloves) in a cheesecloth and secured it closed with a string. Throw all of this in a slower cooker on low and cook for an hour. (For 2 64 oz jugs use two cheesecloths each containing 2 1/2 cinnamon sticks and 1 tbs cloves. Star Anise may also be added if desired.)

I made Martha Stewart's macerated fruit in December and gave to friends and family as a Christmas gift. It is a combination of alcohol and dried fruits and keeps for three months! For the recipe click here. I used brandy in my fruit - and combined with the cider it was divine! Each person assembled their own glass so they could add the amount of fruit, fruit juice (alcohol) and cider they desired.

Comments

Popular Posts