Grits













In my family, we're BIG grits-eaters. I'm posting this because my allergies are most frustrating at breakfast and dessert (dessert we'll take care of later.) This is a good warm breakfast that is always satisfying. Frequently, I serve grits with dinner. Usually people add cream, broth, herbs and spices to grits served with dinner. Three things go in my grits breakfast or dinner - salt, cheese and garlic.
Did you just say garlic? For breakfast?
Yes! When making a serving of two I add a tsp of jarred diced garlic. I've served it to guests, at work, and every-other-day to my husband and people are always going back for more.

Comments

  1. Hey Emily. I love your blog and your writing.

    I love grits. Unfortunately it took about 5 years to get Chris to eat them. All midwesterners are afraid of grits. They really are.

    If we have shrimp late in the week, I always save some for breakfast Saturday mornings. A good Parmesan cheese is good too - but not with garlic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts