I'm Back!

I'm so sorry y'all! I must have eaten something I shouldn't have on accident on the 15th, because I was down for two days and couldn't even MOVE - much less blog!
I had family in for the weekend and now the new week begins and I'm ready to cook! This is where I left off...



This is my favorite delish snack: whole artichoke. I find I enjoy foods that are eaten slowly most. I have heard that the French and Italian eat their meals slowly in order to appreciate it. Well I don't eat slowly unless someone's watching me - or if it's a food I have to work for - like sunflower seeds in the shell, boiled peanuts, shell fish and the list goes on. It turns eating into an activity... and an activity I love!

I boil an artichoke for 40 minutes to an hour with lots of salt and 2 tbs vinegar
Serve 2 tbs melted butter mixed with 1/2 tsp salt. (I realize this is quite a bit of salt, but the more salt in the butter, the less butter I will put on each leaf!)

To eat, you remove each leaf one by one, dip in butter mixture and scrape the bottom portion (containing the meat of the artichoke) on your teeth. When ALL the leaves have been removed you are at the heart. Take a spoon and remove the hairs from the heart. The entire heart can be eaten (in fact many say is the best part.)

I'm obsessed with artichokes and limit myself to one per week!

Comments

Popular Posts